Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cold and soggy

You might think this was going to be about my morning cereal, cold and soggy!
But it's the weather outside, which I LOVE! It's NOT snowing, which means I don't have to go out and use the snowblower. It means a good day for staying inside and working in the studio. The lighting on a day like today is so soft and beautiful because it's so even. We may have a few too many days like this in PA though for my liking as I do like to go outdoors.

Along with my slew of Appaloosa commissions (wait till you see the Orinocco I will be posing photos of soon!) I have a lovely Kentucky Reign I'm working on! His base color was quite orange as he is going to be a gold champagne tobiano. Well the reason I am mentioning the lighting is because my studio has very little natural light and I work under flourescents which throw a greenish cast, even though they are daylight bulbs. So KR looked a beautiful shade of gold in the studio and I had gone ahead and started his pinto markings. Then I brought him upstairs to where I moved my "white painting" bench to be closer and handier to my mother when she needs help. Well LO AND BEHOLD! HE looked VERY creamy *orange* and instantly reminded me of one of my favorite treats, a Dreamsicle! So that is his nickname while I am reworking his coat to be more natural golden. HA! Darn lighting! I'll be posting photos of him when I get some time.
Back to work!

Here he is now with his coat color reworked in oils.

No comments:

Post a Comment